The bread you will get is slightly sweet (not too sweet) and you will be able to taste the honey but it is not overpowering at all. Fresh or lightly toasted, the bread taste just as good!
Free printable version of recipe - Click here
Water – 220g
Raw Honey – 60g
Caster Sugar – 20g
Salt – 5g
Bread Flour, sifted – 375g (up to 2 tbsp more, if necessary)
Yeast – 6g
Corn Oil – 20g
1. Pour water into the bread barrel.
2. At each corner of the bread barrel, add in honey, sugar and salt.
3. Add in bread flour on top of the wet ingredients. Make sure the wet ingredients are well covered by the flour.
4. In the center of the flour heap, make an indentation and add in the instant dry yeast. Cover up the yeast with the flour.
5. Secure bread barrel in the bread machine.
6. Select "Custom Procedure" function on your bread machine (On my Donlim T15A Breadmaker, I selected function "21") and input the following settings before selecting "Start".
First kneading - 20 minutes
First proofing - 1 hour
Second kneading - 30 minutes
Second proofing - 1 hour
Baking - 1 hour
7. 10 minutes after first kneading, you should see the dough being formed. Add in corn oil at this stage before continuing the process. Keep an eye on the kneading of the dough. You may add in more bread flour (up to 2 tbsp) to achieve the right consistency (dough should not be sticking to the bottom/side of bread barrel)
8. After second kneading (before the dough undergoes second proofing), paused the machine and remove the kneading blade from bread barrel. Continue with second proofing and baking.
9. When bread is ready, remove bread barrel from the machine immediately.
12. Transfer the bread to cooling rack to allow it to cool completely before slicing and serving.