Make approximately 4 dozen.
All-purpose flour : 2 1/2 cups
Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar : 1/2 cup
Butter (cold, unsalted) : 1 cup (cut into cubes)
Chocolate chips : 1 cup each (dark & white chocolate chips)
Egg (large) : 2
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract : 2 tsp
White sugar : 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius
2. Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars to form a grainy paste using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing at low to medium speed until the mixture is creamy and well combined.
4. Add the flour mix and both chocolate chips and mix well to ensure the chocolate chips are well distributed within the mixture.
5. Using a small ice-cream scoop or rounded tablespoons, drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart, onto a ungreased baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly using the back of a fork, while maintaining the circular shape of the cookie dough.
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden. Transfer the cookies to a cool surface and allow them to cool completely.
If you were to do a simple search on recipe for Chocolate Chips Cookies, you are bound to bag more than a dozen of them online. Some of them encourage the use of cinnamon powder, some require the addition of vegetable shortening while some recommend manual folding-in of the chocolate chips. While all of them promise the best outcome, i decided to stay simple and use the bare minimum when it comes to the ingredients. I always believe that less is more. With the recipe above, we were able to make 4 batches of Double Chocolate Chips Cookies, which came in different shapes and sizes. Personally, I prefer the batch which came out really well, in golden brown, after a mere 17 minutes. My hubby, on the other hand, really likes the crunchier 20 minutes batch instead.
We made so much of these cookies that we just had to share them with some dear friends. Look at how pretty the cookies are in little gift bags. You little fellows make my day :)