600 ml whipping cream
100 ml sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
80 g icing sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
1. Cream whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, icing sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract using a electric mixer until the mixture is soft, thick and creamy.
2. Add in chocolate chips and give it a good stir using a spatula to ensure the chocolate chips are evenly spread out within the mixture.
3. Place the completed mixture in an anti-freeze container and leave it in the freezer to freeze.
4. After 30 minutes, remove the ice-cream from the freezer. As it starts to freeze near the edge, stir the mixture using a spatula to break up any frozen sections within the ice-cream. This is to prevent the ice-cream from becoming overly firm. After which, return the ice-cream back to the freezer.
5. Check on the ice-cream every 30 - 45 minutes and make sure to stir it well as it freeze until the ice-cream is well frozen.
6. Remove the ice-cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top your ice-cream with chocolate or caramel sauce and roasted nuts before serving.
Make approximately 1 litre.
Special thanks to Joyce for the original recipe. My first try at homemade ice-cream and I am very pleased with the outcome. Thinking of trying out different ice-cream flavours based on this recipe. Fun!